1.1. International art competition is held on the basis of the Decree of the Acting President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No.PP-2667 from “02” December 2016 “On an international competition for the design of the monument dedicated to the statesman of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the first President Islam Karimov”.
1.2. Organizers of the International Competition:
Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan, Directorate of art exhibitions, Tashkent city municipality, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Ministry of culture and sports affairs of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Ministry of Higher and secondary specialized education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, National television and radio company of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Writers Union of Uzbekistan, National company “Uzbekistan airways”, State Committee Architecture and Construction of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Uzbekistan National Information agency, State Customs Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
1.3. The main purpose of International competition is making the project of monumental sculpture, dedicated to the statesman of the Republic of Uzbekistan, to the First President Islam Karimov, and is finding the best art decision for monumental sculpture immortalizing memory of the statesman of the Republic of Uzbekistan, First President Islam Karimov.
1.4. Monument installation venue: Tashkent city.
Conditions of the International art competition
2.1. The international Competition is held in one stage.
2.2. For authors wishing to participate in the International art competition are available at the website of the Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan and on the website of the organizing Committee the following documents and information’s:
– Program and the requirements of the International art competition;
– Historical information about the life and activities of the First President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov;
– Islam Karimov photos;
– Explication of the place of installation of the monument: photo-fixation of area and environment, the General plan of the territory.
2.3. In International art contest can participate qualified sculptors and architects.
2.4. In the International art contest can’t take part:
– The persons who choose or appoint the judges;
– The jury members, as well as persons having primary kinship with them, as well as their partners, associates and employees;
– The persons involved in any of the stages of the duties of the jury;
– The organizing committee staff, and also the persons who participated in the stages of preparation, application, acceptance and approval of results;
2.5. In order to preserve anonymity, the participants of the International art competition present their projects to the digital code, expressed by a six digit number, that is displayed in the bottom right corner of all materials of the competition entry, and a coded envelope (code numbers should be located in order).
In the coded envelope must be attached following information’s:
– Surname, name of the author of project, who participating in competition;
– Education, specialty, photocopy of diploma;
– Contact telephone number, e-mail;
– Photocopy of an identity card (if available) for foreign participants, passport and diploma of higher education;
– Details of personal Bank accounts of the authors of the project;
– Agreement on a percentage of a prize between the authors of the contest project, signed by all members of the creative collective;
– Personal signatures of all authors of the project;
– The date of completion of the information sheet.
2.6. For the international art competition include projects in following compositions:
– Sculptural model of the monument (the size is strictly up to 70 cm);
– The layout of the monument at a scale of 1:50;
– Plate of A-0 (6 projections) with the basic design materials, presented in album;
– Digital media (USB Flash or CD) containing the digital files of the design material presented in album;
– Album of A-3 format (2 copies) with the following materials:
1) The explanatory note with indication of materials of the monument in nature;
2) Visual playback of the placement of a monument in the space of the General plan scale 1:200;
3) Related to the monument with the main points of perception;
4) Indicative estimates of cost for the detail design, manufacture and installation of monument.
– All provide project materials must be marked with the appropriate digital code;
– Code envelope with information about the authors should be sealed.
2.7. The competitive model is made of any material providing when durability during transporting and exhibiting.
2.8. Providing and not exhibited anywhere else before, the competition project must have the original artistic creative decision.
2.9. The participants of the International art competition have the right to provide no more than two variants of the competitive project under a single code.
III. Organizational issues of holding International art contest
3.1. The beginning of the International art competition is started by the date of publication of its terms in media.
3.2. The deadline for submitting entries to the jury by March 31, 2017 at Tashkent, 100029, pr. Sh.Rashidov 40. The Directorate of art exhibitions of the Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan. Central Exhibition Hall. Tel/fax: (99871) 252-26-50, 256-51-45.
3.3. The participants of the International art competition assume all costs for the production model of the monument and competition materials, as well as the cost of their transportation in a specified time and specified place. The organizers of the International competition are not responsible for any force majeure situation that may become when sending projects by mail.
3.4. All competitive projects will be presented at the contest-exhibition in Central Exhibition hall of the Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan for public viewing and for the work of jury until April 10, 2017.
3.5. Authors of competitive projects or trustees, who not received awards from the jury or from their agents, within one month after the results of International creative competition, can return back their projects from the organizers of the competition.
The transportation cost for export of projects from Uzbekistan – will cover by participants. The organizers of the creative competition are not responsible for the safety of the projects at the end of the specified period.
Summing up the International competition.
4.1. Results of the International art competition will be announced by jury. The structure of jury is agreed and approved by the Cabinet Ministries of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
4.2. The jury will decide for awarding of cash prizes.
4.3. The jury has the right not to consider projects that do not answering to the basic conditions of the International art competition.
4.4. Jury meeting shall be considered valid if at least 2/3 of the total number of its members. Each member of the jury has a right to vote.
4.5. The jury’s decision is finalized with the Protocol, signed by all members and approved by the Chairman of the jury.
4.6. In summing up the International competition after the decision of jury of competition code opened the envelopes only award-winning competition projects.
4.7. The jury has the right to refuse award any or all prizes, by the non-artistic decisions presented projects the objectives of the International creative competition.
4.8. The jury has the right to make offers and recommendations for the further development of sketches and project documentation in use of results of the International Art Competition.
4.9. Organizers of the International Art competition have the right to realize or not to realize the project, which took first place. Organizers realize the desired project in required time, or do not realize any of the projects.
4.10. The results of the International art contest will be published on the website of the Organizing Committee and the Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan.
4.11. Reward the winners of the International art competition shall be paid not later than 1 (one) calendar month from the date of approval of the decision by the jury.
The payment of awards by the subject of Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan, is made by taking income tax and transfer to winners or his agent bank account.
4.12. The winners of the International creative competition will be invited to the awarding ceremony. All costs associated with the stay will be cover by the Organizing Committee.
Form and place of conflict resolution
5.1. Disputes arising between the participants and organizers of the International Art Competition at first it will be send to arrange with the jury. If disputes are not resolved by the jury, it would be considered in courts of the Republic of Uzbekistan according to the legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Information about the Organizing Committee of the International Art Competition
6.1. Detailed information about the requirements, conditions and its annexes in electronic form posted on the website of the Organizing Committee and the Academy of Arts of Uzbekistan.
The historical information of the life and activity of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov.
Monument installation venue explication: a photo-fixing area and environment, the general plan of the territory.